Monday, May 4, 2009

Two Sheets of OSB: Priceless

While I was making my order at the lumberyard, I decided to throw in a couple of sheets of plywood--just in case something prevented us from getting decking on in a timely manner. (persistent rain, for example) Running with the theme of asking vendors to direct me to their "finest, cheapest" product, I went with OSB, which is not too heavy, not too expensive, and suitable for temporary walking surface, assuming you screw it down securely. For under $10, I've got a path from the door out to the garden, which is particularly important for Hugo, the elder of my two dogs. He's not nearly as nimble as Angus, who is happy to skip across the tops of the joists.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing progress sweets! And the blog is fab too - I'm beyond impressed with your industriousness. Is that Angus? Good to know that he's lending a helping paw. Waiting for ground to dry out a bit on this before putting in japanese stone element. xo soph

    ReplyDelete