Friday, April 24, 2009

At the end of the day, this is what it's all about


My handsome terrier, Angus, who knows how to pose.
The dogs like to hang out here (though I have been very careful during this process not to endanger them with all the broken nails and falling objects.) So now they have a better view. And in a few days, they'll have a better place from which to take in the view. Gone will be the Downspout to Nowhere (oddly, the only part of this house that has a gutter is the Jed Clampett!)
Gone will be the slanty stairs, the droopy doorway, the fusty floorboards and the rusty rail.
It's time for a new outlook...a new door and window, in fact.
Next time: an account of my fabulous trip to Gaston & Wyatt, where the perfect door and window found the perfect home. As we loaded the door (pre-hung, fir, 3-panel, 3-light, 2-8/6-8) into the truck, I felt like I was bringing home a puppy from the pound. Someone didn't want this door that will suit my little house just fine. So I brought it (and a lovely casement window) home for a song.
Phew I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment